- Harris Teeter announces store growth plans
- Diabetes Prevention and Control Alliance launches programs in D.C. area
- NACDS president opines about the cost of medication nonadherence
- Vet, FTC meeting affirms pharmacists' animal medication role
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter and Washington, D.C., Ward 6 council member Tommy Wells joined forces Thursday to offer a $10,000 donation to Jan’s Tutoring House, a nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C., that pairs children with volunteers who provide one-on-one tutoring and mentoring.
Wells has won support throughout Ward 6 and Washington, D.C., for forging public, private partnerships to translate ideas into real improvements for Ward 6 residents and beyond. He began volunteering at JTH in 1997 and recognized Harris Teeter as a likely partner because of the company’s commitment to providing educational opportunities to children through its Together in Education program.
Since 1998, Harris Teeter has donated more than $15.6 million to schools in its communities through Together in Education and more than $1.5 million to schools in northern Virginia, including Washington, D.C.