- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- CDC's flu recommendations emphasizes convenience of retail pharmacy
- Flu cards just tip of functioning health-reform iceberg
- Many Americans still haven't received their flu shot
CHARLOTTE, N.C. Harris Teeter on Wednesday opened seasonal flu shot clinics in all of its 199 stores.
Working in cooperation with Mollen Immunization Clinics, the retailer is offering its customers a seasonal flu shot for $25 with their VIC card, or at no charge if they are a Medicare Part B, non-HMO recipient. For shoppers' convenience, Harris Teeter is offering the option for the clinic nurse to bill insurances directly, pending the customer's provider is included. The pneumococcal vaccine also is available for $60.
Registered nurses with Mollen will administer the shots in a temporary clinic set up inside Harris Teeter stores.