- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
- Prevention key as people forgo sick days
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
CHARLOTTE, N.C. Harris Teeter on Wednesday opened seasonal flu shot clinics in all of its 199 stores.
Working in cooperation with Mollen Immunization Clinics, the retailer is offering its customers a seasonal flu shot for $25 with their VIC card, or at no charge if they are a Medicare Part B, non-HMO recipient. For shoppers' convenience, Harris Teeter is offering the option for the clinic nurse to bill insurances directly, pending the customer's provider is included. The pneumococcal vaccine also is available for $60.
Registered nurses with Mollen will administer the shots in a temporary clinic set up inside Harris Teeter stores.