- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter on Wednesday launched a donation card campaign to support both the United Service Organizations and Wounded Warrior Project, two organizations committed to supporting America's troops and their families.
During the month of May, Harris Teeter customers at every Harris Teeter location will be able to make $1, $3 or $5 donations to "Support our Troops" at checkout. Similar community-based donation card campaigns hosted by Harris Teeter have raised more than $500,000 in a given month; the first Support Our Troops campaign raised more than $445,000.
“USO South Carolina is so thankful for the generous support of Harris Teeter and their customers,” stated USO South Carolina director Joanie Thresher. “In 2012, our center provided programs and services for more than 130,000 troops and family members and that would not have been possible without partners like Harris Teeter. Thank you Harris Teeter management, employees and customers for helping us make a difference in the lives of so many.”
Harris Teeter chose to launch its second annual Support Our Troops campaign because of the importance its shoppers place on the programs run by both organizations, the company reported.