- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Safeway deal is more than the sum of its parts
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
- Survey: Almost 90% of moms regularly influenced by coupons
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter on Monday announced that more than $550,000 has been donated to local food banks out of the company’s Harvest Feast Food Drive and Donation Card Campaign.
The campaign ran during the month of November in all Harris Teeter stores; customers purchased $1, $5 or $20 donation cards, and the dollars donated during the campaign equate to 4.4 million meals which the food banks involved are able to provide to community members-in-need.
"Harris Teeter recognizes that hunger affects millions of Americans including hard-working adults, children and seniors, and the company offered its customers an easy way to help fight hunger through participation in the donation card campaign," Harris Teeter stated. "The financial and in-kind contributions made by Harris Teeter customers will go a long way toward helping food banks in Harris Teeter’s marketing areas supply food and grocery products to the communities they serve."