- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- CEA forecasts personal health-and-wellness product market will reach $8 billion in sales by 2018
- Mobile health apps represent a sweet opportunity for those retailers trading on health and wellness
- Canadian study further demonstrates pharmacists' role in improving patient care, cost
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Harris Teeter is encouraging shoppers to get healthy in 2011 by promoting its Yourwellness program.
The program, which launched in 2006, helps customers learn about healthy lifestyle changes through its membership program, where customers can receive exclusive tips and savings via e-mail. This year, the retailer said, two members of the Yourwellness team — Russell Greenfield, known as "Dr. Russ," and nutritionist Beth Avery — will take shoppers on a video tour of Harris Teeter's grocery aisles. Their goal: to help customers learn how to prepare a variety of delicious foods while keeping wellness in mind.
In late September 2010, the retailer expanded its Yourwellness program by offering an updated generic prescription savings club.