- Certain Dri develops new drip-free formula
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Tidy Cats lightens up kitty litter
- New book examines how emerging brands break through
NASHVILLE — The Nutro Co. on Wednesday was awarded the 2011 Product of the Year title in the pet health category by TNS for its Greenies JointCare treats.
"As pet parents are increasingly interested in benefit-focused products, the Greenies brand strives to deliver innovative, targeted treats that allow [pet owners] to provide care in an enjoyable way," stated Brad Quest, product development veterinarian for the Greenies brand. "We discovered that green-lipped mussel, found only in New Zealand waters, provides a novel combination of joint nourishing properties.”
In a clinical study performed by Waltham, the nutrients contained in green-lipped mussel were found to have a beneficial effect on canine joint health, Nutro noted.
The 2011 Product of the Year U.S. shoppers survey conducted by TNS found that 68% of shoppers reported that a consumer-voted award meant more for a new product than an expert's opinion.