- Coolway develops low-heat technologies for damage-free hair styling
- SheaMoisture creates new hair straightening collection
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Creme of Nature creates new plant-derived relaxer system
- CHI, Miss Universe Organization create hair care line
LOS ANGELES Ethnic hair care company Green-Wonders is expanding its product line with the new Naturalaxer Kit-In-A-Jar, which is positioned as the first multi-ethnic hair relaxer that is organic, nontoxic and chemical-free.
While Green-Wonders' products, including the new Naturalaxer Kit-In-A-Jar, currently are available online at Naturalaxer.com, the company is looking to take the Green-Wonders line into retail chains and beauty supply stores next year.
"We use pure essential oils and shea butter with no added fragrances or harsh chemicals," stated founder Angela de Joseph, who once worked at Johnson Products. "Most hair relaxers contain sodium hydroxide, which breaks the bonds in hair and erodes hair cuticles. The Naturalaxer formula uses naturally occurring minerals to slightly raise the alkalinity or pH of the hair, which softens and loosens the curl texture."
The Green-Wonders hair care line also includes Gentle Moisture shampoo, Moisture Formula conditioner, H2O Thermal styling oil, EHO Essential hair oil, Hair Dew Moisture Formula gel and PSB Pure Shea Butter skin and hair conditioner.