- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- 'Well positioned' for changes in health care, CVS Caremark delivers strong Q2
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
WASHINGTON — An executive from CVS Caremark will guide policy for a generic drug industry trade association.
The Generic Pharmaceutical Association said Wednesday that it had appointed CVS Caremark senior director of public policy Christine Simmon to run its policy shop as SVP policy and strategic alliances, effective Oct. 24. Christine Simmon previously worked for the GPhA as VP policy, public affairs and development from 2002 to 2006.
"We are delighted to welcome Christine back to our professional team," GPhA president and CEO Ralph Neas said. "Her vast experience working with legislators, regulatory agencies and industry leaders on key healthcare issues will serve our industry well. She will play a leading role in our mission to show that safe, effective and affordable generic medicines are a critical part of the solution to controlling costs and lowering the nation's healthcare bill."
Simmon also will help expand the GPhA's partnerships with other industry, consumer and public policy organizations, the group said.