- GNC acquires U.K. sports nutrition e-commerce retailer
- GNC's inaugural Total Lean Challenge and Sweepstakes draws more than 22,000 participants
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- GNC names new EVP business development
- GNC employees lose more than 700 pounds in corporate challenge
PITTSBURGH — GNC Holdings on Monday elected Philip Mallott to its board to fill the seat vacated by Norman Axelrod's resignation.
Mallott served as VP and chief financial officer of Intimate Brands, a former subsidiary of Limited Brands, and most recently provided retail stock research as an independent consultant to Westminster Research Associates and, prior to that, as an analyst for Coker & Palmer. He is currently a director of Big Lots.
"We are excited that Phil has joined the GNC Board," stated Joseph Fortunato, president and CEO GNC. "His wealth of experience, particularly in the retail sector, should be an invaluable resource to GNC as we move forward."