- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
- Rite Aid, GNC extend partnership through 2019, allowing at least 300 new 'store-within-a-store' locations over five years
PITTSBURGH — GNC on Monday named Carmine Fortino EVP business development. Fortino comes to GNC from Atrium Innovations, a Canadian natural health products company, where he was president. Fortino also was a former director of GNC from 2007 to 2011.
"[Carmine's] background in multi-channel development across the health & wellness segment will enhance our approach to new market opportunities as we continue to implement GNC's proven growth strategy," stated Joseph Fortunato, GNC's chairman, president and CEO.
Before Atrium Innovations, Fortino served Seroyal International as CEO. Fortino also has held various management roles within Loblaw Companies, including EVP of Ontario operations. Earlier, he served as EVP of Zehrmart Limited, an Ontario-based grocery chain owned by Loblaw Companies.