- GNC acquires U.K. sports nutrition e-commerce retailer
- Rite Aid, GNC extend partnership through 2019, allowing at least 300 new 'store-within-a-store' locations over five years
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
PITTSBURGH — GNC Holdings on Friday elected company president and CEO Joseph Fortunato to serve as chairman. The board also has appointed Michael Hines to serve as lead independent director.
Fortunato succeeds Norman Axelrod, who has resigned as chairman. Axelrod had been a member of the GNC board since March 2007.
"We would like to thank Norman for his distinguished service as [chairman]," Fortunato stated. "Norman's strong and dedicated leadership has been instrumental in guiding the company through a pivotal transition period, including a successful IPO, and in shaping the strategic vision that has positioned GNC for continued growth in the near- and long-term future."
GNC expects to announce a replacement for Axelrod's seat on the board shortly, the company stated.