COPENHAGEN, Denmark — GN ReSound recently launched its ReSound LiNX in global markets as a hearing aid capable of streaming high-quality stereo sound from an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without the need for an additional pendant-like device. Users can also customize their hearing experience through the ReSound Smart App.
“We saw an opportunity to create the world’s best hearing aid by combining the capability of GN ReSound’s life-changing technologies with the compatibility and global prevalence of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch,” stated GN ReSound CEO Lars Viksmoen. “We are committed to improving people’s lives through use of innovative technology and look forward to more people correcting their hearing with this new technology — a triumph in accessibility for the hearing impaired.”
ReSound LiNX incorporates a number of ReSound technologies, including:
- ReSound LiNX applies a version of Surround Sound by ReSound – an integrated sound processing technology;
- ReSound LiNX is a Made for iPhone hearing aid that offers direct streaming of sound from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, allowing wearers to utilize their hearing aids to talk on the phone and listen to music in high-quality stereo sound without the need for an additional remote control, accessory or pendant;
- The accompanying ReSound Smart App allows users to set preferred volume levels as well as treble/bass settings, and use geo-tagging to assign and adjust to the acoustics of frequently visited places like home, work and favorite restaurant, among other locations;
- ReSound Smart also features a ‘Find My Hearing Aid’ function to help users pinpoint their hearing aids if misplaced;
- ReSound LiNX is the smallest wireless Receiver-in-the-Ear hearing aid brought to market by GN ReSound, yet powerful enough to address 90% of all hearing losses; and
- GN ReSound’s unique 3rd generation 2.4 GHz wireless technology, based on the all new SmartRange chipset, is the foundation of this latest technological breakthrough. ReSound LiNX is the first hearing aid on the market to integrate SmartRange with Bluetooth Smart technology.