- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- New cholesterol, obesity guidelines give greater role to statins, call for more research into weight-loss drugs
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — Globe All Wellness on Tuesday recalled all lots of its Slim Xtreme herbal slimming capsule upon learning that the Food and Drug Administration determined the product contains the undeclared drug ingredient sibutramine.
Sibutramine was the active ingredient in the prescription weight-loss drug Meridia, which had been pulled off the U.S. market due to increased risk of cardiovascular events or stroke.
The manufacturer suggested that the products the FDA tested were sold by an unauthorized dealer but was recalling all lots “as a precautionary measure.” The products were sold either through the Internet or on-site at the company's Hollywood, Fla., headquarters, Globe All Wellness stated.
This recall does not affect the sales and distribution of Globe All Wellness’ other products, such as Slim Xtreme Gold or GelSlim, the company added.