- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
SAN DIEGO RxSafe on Thursday announced the installation of its RxSafe 1800 system at a Giant Eagle in the Pittsburgh market.
The RxSafe system is a pharmacy workflow automation system for prescription medication in native packaging. The system allows pharmacies to accurately fill and track prescriptions, manage inventory, eliminate theft and diversion, and avoid expired product. The customizable RxSafe system stores and automates up to 5,400 native prescription containers in less than 40 sq. ft. of space and realizes a peak capacity of up to 500 scripts per hour in multi-operator mode.
“We’re honored to have our leadership in pharmacy automation technology validated by Giant Eagle’s interest in our new system,” stated William Holmes, RxSafe CEO.