- Search engines, social media key to unlocking opportunity for beauty brands
- Duane Reade launches 'Show Us Your Party Legs' photo contest on Facebook
- SuperNutrition launches Facebook contest
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
- Sudafed announces app to help sinus sufferers
PITTSBURGH — Giant Eagle celebrated Earth Day this past weekend by giving away reusable bags to its Facebook fans free of charge.
The retailer said it distributed 5,000 bags, which also are available in stores for 99 cents, to its Facebook fans this past Friday. Giant Eagle supermarket locations also offer blue reusable hot/cold bags for $2.99.
Giant Eagle, which touts several Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design-certified stores, said the reusable bags are one component of its commitment to sustainability. To learn more about the company's environmental efforts, visit GiantEagle.com/environment.