- InMarket to pilot mobile coupon push offering in select Safeway, Giant Eagle locations
- Study: Omega-3 supplementation could preserve brain health
- EPA highlights Target's carbon-reduction efforts in PSA program
- Report: Giant Eagle expanding into Indianapolis market
- EPA recognizes Ahold USA's environmental efforts
PITTSBURGH Giant Eagle has received four awards from the Environmental Protection Agency for its eco-friendly practices and sustainability efforts, the supermarket retailer said.
Giant Eagle was the recipient of the EPA Montreal Protocol award, the GreenChill environmental award, the GreenChill building certification and the EPA Smartway transport partnership perfect performance score.
"Our multiple partnerships with the EPA are a significant piece of our overall sustainability strategy, which also includes our energy management efforts and recycling initiatives," said Shelly Sponholz, Giant Eagle SVP real estate and development. "We truly believe that our environmental commitment is a vital part to the success of both our communities and our business, as so many of the sustainable projects we undertake produce tangible benefits to each."
Giant Eagle operates stores throughout western Pennsylvania, Ohio, north central West Virginia and Maryland.