- Study: Type 2 diabetes market competition heats up amid disease rate increase
- Three new Takeda diabetes drugs become available
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Hamacher's Dave Wendland to moderate DSN Diabetes & Chronic Care Roundtable for 10th-consecutive year
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Global Industry Analysts on Wednesday released its report on the future growth of the diabetes diagnostics market.
In "Diabetes Diagnostics: A Global Strategic Business Report," GIA projected that the global market for diabetes diagnostics is expected to reach $26 billion by 2015. GIA noted that the United States is the largest regional market, followed by Europe. The report also noted that the increasing number of diabetics worldwide will prompt boosts in certain segments, including blood-glucose test strips and meters.
GIA also noted that as more diabetics seek instant results when testing their blood-glucose levels, technological advances and self-monitoring are factors that will drive diabetes product categories.
The report also provided annual sales estimates and projections for the global diabetes diagnostics market for the years 2007 through 2015 for the United States, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and more.
Click here to view the full report.