- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
A growing number of patients have either already received or plan to receive a flu shot this year versus a year ago, and it should also be noted that more patients continue to embrace community pharmacy as a preferred destination for flu vaccinations. However, there is still plenty of room for improvement, according to the most recent Patient Views infographic. According to an exclusive survey of more than 900 patients conducted by AccentHealth and DSN in September, 57% of patients have received or plan to receive a flu shot this year, versus 53% in 2011.
To see more Patient Views, click here.
Patient Views is a new, exclusive consumer insights feature that will be appear in every edition of DSN magazine and the daily e-newsletter DSN A.M. If you could ask 4,000 patients anything at all, what would it be? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: AccentHealth. To view the methodology, click here.