- Survey: Many social media users with health conditions willing to share health data
- Prasco begins distribution of doxercalciferol capsules
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Biotech company Genzyme still is saying “no thanks” to French drug maker Sanofi-Aventis’ tender offer of $18.5 billion, or $69 per share, to acquire it, saying the offer “substantially undervalues” the company.
The offer has been extended until Jan. 11, Genzyme said.
Sanofi has sought to buy Genzyme since August. Genzyme, based in Cambridge, Mass., specializes in treatments for rare genetic disorders, such as Fabry disease and Gaucher disease.