MINNEAPOLIS — General Mills has launched more than 50 new items in the United States, with dozens more to launch in international markets.
Some of the new offerings include:
- Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate Crunch and Chocolate Toast Crunch, which debut four years after the successful launch of Chocolate Cheerios;
- Cascadian Farm Graham Crunch, an organic cereal that features graham squares made of wheat, rice and oats;
- Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits, which are available in two varieties — blueberry and honey — and pack at least 26 g of whole grain, 5 g of protein and 4 g of fiber per serving;
- Yoplait Greek 100 will add four new flavors to the product line, which include apple pie, blueberry, strawberry banana and strawberry cheesecake; and
- Chex Chips, which feature 25% less fat that regular potato ships and are available in flavors like caramelized onion, cheddar jalapeno, cinnamon and sugar, and wasabi.
“We are focused on the quality of our new product innovation, and have a strong slate of new products to bring consumers more of what they want,” said Peter Erickson, SVP innovation, technology and quality for General Mills. “Consumers have unwavering high standards for food. They want products that deliver on quality, taste, health, convenience and value, but at the same time they want more. More flavor, more fun, more nutrition. The more we connect with consumers to truly understand their most significant needs, the better we are able to bring remarkable new products to market.”