NEW YORK — Today, General Mills executives shared the company's new product innovation plans during General Mills' annual investor meeting at the New York Stock Exchange.
"Product innovation is the fuel that creates category growth," said Ken Powell, chairman and CEO of General Mills. "We have a robust new product plan, with more than 200 new items being introduced worldwide in the first half of the year alone."
New products from General Mills have already begun flowing into the global marketplace this summer, such as Vanilla Chex cereal and Nature Valley Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares in the United States, Liberte Greek yogurt in the United Kingdom, Yoki Kit Facil convenient dinner kits in Brazil and pint-sized Haagen-Dazs Secret Sensations ice cream in Europe.
U.S. consumers can expect a wide array of new product innovations on store shelves over the coming year. To view a slideshow of the new products, visit General Mills' website.
The new products include offerings for consumers on-the-go, fast-cooking meals at home, gluten-free and on-the-go breakfast options. Some of the new products include:
- Nature Valley Protein Granola cereal;
- Nature Valley Greek Yogurt Protein bars;
- Fiber One Protein Peanut Butter bars;
- Ultimate Helper premium dinner kits;
- Old El Paso Mexican Cooking Sauces, Old El Paso Frozen Entrees and Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas;
- Betty Crocker and Hershey fans will get to experience a new line of cookie mixes, cupcake mixes and frostings, including Hershey's, Reese's and Almond Joy. These products roll out nationally in the United States in July;
- Betty Crocker Caramel Brownie, available exclusively at convenience stores in the United States;
- gluten-free Vanilla Chex cereal;
- Betty Crocker gluten-free sugar cookie mix and gluten-free all-purpose rice flour blend;
- Larabar uber bars in Baklava, Sticky Bun and Coconut Macaroon flavors;
- BFAST, a shelf-stable, drinkable breakfast shake;
- Green Giant Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips in a Garden Ranch variety and Green Giant Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips in a barbecue variety;
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme cereal; and
- Mott's Strawberry Apple Fruit Flavored Snacks.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.