- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — Biotech company Genentech advised consumers to avoid alcohol prep pads distributed with some of its drugs due to possible contamination.
Genentech, a subsidiary of Swiss drug maker Roche, said users of its drugs should not use prep pads made by Triad Group, but that the drugs themselves were still safe to use. Triad Group recently recalled several of its pads due to contamination, prompting Bayer HealthCare to issue a similar warning.
Genentech said patients could use prep pads not affected by the recall instead, or use sterile gauze treated with isopropyl alcohol.