- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. — NBTY on Monday named Jeffrey Nagel to the CEO post, succeeding Scott Rudolph, who will maintain his position as chairman.
Nagel comes to NBTY from General Electric, where he held senior leadership positions in several GE businesses addressing a variety of end markets, including oil and gas, consumer electronics, technology and aviation. He most recently served as head of GE Oil and Gas Global Services and was based in Florence, Italy.
In 2006, Nagel was made a GE corporate officer and appointed as the VP and general manager of GE Oil and Gas Global Services. Previously, he served as president and CEO of GE Inspection Technologies, general manager of business development in GE Aircraft Engines and president of GE Home Electric Products.