- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Walgreens is well-equipped for the future
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. — NBTY on Monday named Jeffrey Nagel to the CEO post, succeeding Scott Rudolph, who will maintain his position as chairman.
Nagel comes to NBTY from General Electric, where he held senior leadership positions in several GE businesses addressing a variety of end markets, including oil and gas, consumer electronics, technology and aviation. He most recently served as head of GE Oil and Gas Global Services and was based in Florence, Italy.
In 2006, Nagel was made a GE corporate officer and appointed as the VP and general manager of GE Oil and Gas Global Services. Previously, he served as president and CEO of GE Inspection Technologies, general manager of business development in GE Aircraft Engines and president of GE Home Electric Products.