- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- L'Oréal loosens ties with Nestlé via share buyback
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS Caremark research identifies optimal elements of effective VBID plans
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
LAUSANNE, Switzerland — Swiss skin drug maker Galderma Pharma will acquire another Swiss drug maker also focused on treatments for skin conditions, Galderma said.
Based in Egerkingen, Switzerland, Spirig makes treatments for such conditions as solar damage and skin barrier function impairment, as well as treatments for such precancerous conditions as actinic keratosis. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, though it was noted that Spirig had sales of about $106 million in 2011. The global corporate headquarters of Galderma will remain in Lausanne, Switzerland.
"We are excited about our two companies' commercial and geographic opportunities, maximizing the value of our complementary product portfolios in the prescription and self-medication markets," Galderma VP business development and markets Albert Draaijer said. "We look forward to welcoming Spirig employees and to combining our efforts to better meet the market's needs."