- NPD Group: Prestige eye makeup up 9% in 2013
- Winner of Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association competition named
- Dollar Tree realizes annual net sales increase of 6.1%
- NPD Group augments school and office supplies retail market data with Nielsen deal
- NPD: East Coast pays greater attention to anti-aging products
Beauty market research company the NPD Group recently reported that total prestige makeup dollar sales in U.S. department stores were on the rise during the first 10 months of 2011, and gift sets proved to be no exception.
Between January and October, total prestige makeup dollar sales in U.S. department stores were $2.8 million, an increase of 8% in dollars compared with the same time last year. All prestige segments saw dollar growth.
Separately, in data sent to Drug Store News, NPD also reported a rise in gift sets for skin care, fragrance and makeup between January and September.
Total prestige skin care gift sets totaled $189.6 million, up 25% in dollar sales from the same period of 2010.
Total prestige fragrance gift sets totaled $372 million, up 2% in dollar sales compared with the year-ago period.
Total prestige makeup gift sets were $78.7 million, up 10% in dollar sales compared with the year-ago period.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Gift Sets Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.