- Fourth annual Retail Clinician Education Congress brings together retail healthcare professionals
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Opening of Intel's on-site medical center officially announced by Take Care
- Take Care Health Systems teams up with Ochsner Health System
- Most U.S. voters believe an expanded role for nurse practitioners will boost quality of health care
DUBLIN, Ohio, and POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — A regional pharmacy chain has extended its relationship with a healthcare services company.
Fruth Pharmacy — which operates more than 25 locations throughout West Virginia and Ohio — said it has signed a renewed, three-year agreement for Cardinal Health to serve as its primary pharmaceutical distributor. As part of the agreement, Cardinal Health will continue to serve as Fruth's primary distributor for pharmaceuticals. Additionally, Cardinal Health and Fruth will collaborate on initiatives designed to improve efficiencies at Fruth’s pharmacies.
"Cardinal Health's flexibility and superior technology have made them a great partner," Fruth Pharmacy chairman and president Lynne Fruth said. "We appreciate their team-oriented approach to helping us improve our cost effectiveness and efficiency, which has played an important role in our continued success."