- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Vestcom launches shelf solution to ease confusion shopping supplements
- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
- Naturade intros Sam's Club exclusive adult nutrition shake
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
FOSTER CITY, Calif. — FRS Healthy Energy on Tuesday announced the launch of new Healthy Protein and Healthy Energy formulas to be shipped in April.
Both products will be fueled by the patented FRS quercetin formula, the company said. Quercetin, recently granted GRAS — generally recognized as safe — status by the Food and Drug Administration, is the natural energy-boosting antioxidant contained in all FRS products. To date, FRS Healthy Energy products contain the highest level of quercetin (QU995) on the market, the company claimed.
The new lines will debut in an environmentally friendly, resealable plastic bottle.
The Healthy Protein line initially will debut two flavors at 190 calories: orange cream and blackberry acai. Each 12-oz. bottle provides 25 g of whey protein and includes 7 g of dietary fiber and essential vitamins.
The FRS Healthy Energy product offerings should appeal to health-conscious consumers seeking prolonged energy and increased stamina by offering 325 mg of quercetin, 85 mg of green tea catechins and seven essential vitamins. FRS will offer two 90-calorie flavors, cherry limeade and wild berry, formulated with organic sugar and stevia.