- Smartfood introduces reduced-fat popcorn
- SuperNutrition launches Facebook contest
- Search engines, social media key to unlocking opportunity for beauty brands
- Duane Reade launches 'Show Us Your Party Legs' photo contest on Facebook
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
PLANO, Texas — Frito-Lay fans really "like" the brand.
The PepsiCo division said that its growing Facebook fan base has helped it garner the Guinness World Record title for "Most Fans on Facebook in 24 Hours," with nearly 1.6 million "likes" in one day, which occurred April 11.
To celebrate this achievement, Frito-Lay is giving away a coupon for a free bag of chips on its Facebook page to the first 24,000 consumers that "like" Frito-Lay, starting on April 29 at 2 p.m. Central Standard Time.
"When we set out to share the latest news around our product portfolio and the culinary inspiration behind our newest products made with all-natural ingredients, we wanted to do it in a way that truly engaged our fans in the story," said Ram Krishnan, senior director of marketing at Frito-Lay. "Our fans responded in the biggest way possible — by setting a Guinness World Record for their engagement with us. It's a remarkable achievement, and we're excited to thank the fans who made it possible."