- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Dr. Fresh's Firefly, Oral Health America team up to improve children's oral care
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Fresh & Easy took home 39 medals for its exclusive wines from the 72nd Annual Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition.
The supermarket retailer said that its California wine range, including its I Heart CA and WineWrights lines, earned several medals. Fresh & Easy's California wines, which retail from $3.99 to $19.99, are sourced from some of the state's premium wine growing regions, including Napa Valley, Sonoma, Monterey and Santa Barbara.
The wines were among nearly 3,200 entries, which were tasted by a 64-member panel comprised of international judges, Fresh & Easy said.
"Having strong partnerships with local wineries helps us create high-quality, award-winning wines that can be offered at incredible prices," said Richard Wherry, category manager of wine and beer for Fresh & Easy. "We're happy these partnerships have led to deliciously affordable wines, popular with both customers and professional judges."