- Walgreens opens nation’s first net-zero energy store
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Avella Specialty Pharmacy names new CEO
- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- McKesson Specialty Health call center earns certification as a BenchmarkPortal Center of Excellence
PHOENIX — Fresh & Easy has installed solar electric systems from REC Solar at stores in the Phoenix area.
REC Solar said it installed roof-mounted solar systems — which feature REC Peak Energy Series panels from global solar panel manufacturing leader REC Group — on 10 Fresh & Easy stores throughout the greater Phoenix metro area, including stores in Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa and Avondale, Ariz. Each of the 10 stores features an in-store display that reports real-time solar energy production at the store while explaining how solar systems work to store customers.
On average, Fresh & Easy stores use 30% less energy than a typical supermarket.
"Fresh & Easy's commitment to the environment is not just about reducing our carbon footprint, but also about saving money that we pass on to our customers," Fresh & Easy president and CEO Tim Mason sad. "These solar panels will provide about 20% of our store's energy needs at more than one-third of our Arizona stores."