- Fred's Super Dollar: Pharmacy is key contributor to overall success
- Fred's Super Dollar reports slight gains for November
- Fred's stronger September sales attributed to pharmacy comps, script growth
- Fred's Super Dollar reports strong June comps fueled by pharmacy and consumables
- Pharmacy services a key growth catalyst for Fred's Super Dollar
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Fred's Super Dollar on Wednesday posted sales of $140 million for the four weeks ended Aug. 31. Sales were $139.9 million in the year-ago period.
Comparable-store sales for the month were approximately flat versus a decline of 2.8% in the same period last year.
"Sales were adversely affected by an unfavorable calendar shift, with no first of the month in fiscal August," stated Bruce Efird, Fred's CEO. "Despite this shift, several departments performed well in August, most notably pharmacy," he said.
During the month, Fred's opened a new Xpress pharmacy location and closed one store location.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.