- Merlo puts stamp on his leadership in fourth-quarter earnings call
- CVS Caremark names new president of CVS/pharmacy
- SymphonyIRI Group rebrands as IRi, commits to supporting CPG growth around the globe
- Winn-Dixie reports fiscal-year losses, continues remodeling
- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
MIDDLETON, Tenn. — Fred’s Super Dollar is testing a smaller box Fred’s, complete with a pharmacy, as a potential growth engine going forward.
It’s half the size of a typical 16,000-sq.-ft. Fred’s location, with a lot of merchandising emphasis being placed on the Fred’s pharmacy. Pharmacy is seen as a growth catalyst for the company; 36.4% of Fred’s sales are comprised of prescription medicines, the Memphis-based retailer stated.
Fred’s also opened two 8,000-sq.-ft. GetWell Drug and Dollar concept stores before Thanksgiving with four more pilot openings planned by year’s end.
For more photos, click here.