- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- CMS won't move ahead with some proposed Medicare drug plan changes
- DEA pushes forward on rescheduling hydrocodone combination products
- RediClinic upgrades Weigh Forward with Wellness Layers platform
MIDDLETON, Tenn. — Fred’s Super Dollar is testing a smaller box Fred’s, complete with a pharmacy, as a potential growth engine going forward.
It’s half the size of a typical 16,000-sq.-ft. Fred’s location, with a lot of merchandising emphasis being placed on the Fred’s pharmacy. Pharmacy is seen as a growth catalyst for the company; 36.4% of Fred’s sales are comprised of prescription medicines, the Memphis-based retailer stated.
Fred’s also opened two 8,000-sq.-ft. GetWell Drug and Dollar concept stores before Thanksgiving with four more pilot openings planned by year’s end.
For more photos, click here.