- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
VERNON HILLS, Ill. — George Riedl has been named president of Advanced Marketing & Sales, AMS announced Thursday.
Riedl, a 27-year Walgreens veteran, will be actively involved in all areas of the company and will have all sales and marketing departments reporting to him, according to a statement released by AMS.
At Walgreens, Riedl served as the drug store chain's EVP marketing and merchandising from 2003 until late 2008 before being shifted to SVP pharmacy innovation in March 2009. Riedl retired from Walgreens at the end of that year.