- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
SKOKIE, Ill. — Pankow Associates has hired Mark DeFilippo to serve as an account executive based in its Skokie office.
DeFilippo has had extensive experience in the industry, including 26 years with the Walgreens, where he first served as a basic department merchandiser, reorder buyer, assistant store manager and, from 1990 on, as a category manager in a variety of Walgreens purchasing departments. Over the years, his responsibilities included candy, batteries, electronics, photo finishing/photo accessories and over-the-counter products, such as cough-cold, pain and sleep remedies.
He brings to Pankow background in consumer product procurement, marketing, merchandising, inventory control, advertising, promotions, market research, pricing, product launches and strategic planning in the retail industry.