- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens and Express Scripts offer Smart90 Walgreens — a 90-day fill at retail — to improve adherence
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. — The National Association of Professional Women has named former Express Scripts senior director of pharmacy practice Karen Wooten as its VIP Woman of the Year, the group said.
The NAPW said Wooten had been recognized for "outstanding leadership and commitment within her profession." Wooten, who comes from a family of healthcare professionals, began her career almost 30 years ago at Health Management Services, later moving to Medco, which eventually merged into Express Scripts.
"This role allowed me the ability to interact with all levels of leadership and front-line staff," Wooten said. "I influenced and supported the organization to assure and maintain compliance to regulations and standards of practice."