- Bi-Lo Holdings, Delhaize Group moving forward on acquisition deal
- Food Lion announces discount for active military, veterans on Veterans Day
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Food Lion Charitable Foundation, Western Union Foundation partner to help fight child hunger
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
SALISBURY, N.C. — Delhaize America announced that it is expanding its Food Lion distribution center in Dunn, N.C.
The company said the distribution center, which opened in 1987 and services 264 Food Lion stores in the area, will increase storage space by 54,000 sq. ft. to accomodate more than 4,000 refrigerated and frozen foods.
"Food Lion is proud to expand its business in North Carolina and in the Dunn community," Food Lion president Cathy Green Burns said. "Today's announcement reinforces our commitment to North Carolina and enables us to continue to serve our customers in the Southeast and mid-Atlantic states. We look forward to completing this project and establishing a greater presence in North Carolina."