- MTM could take chunk out of the $290 billion in annual healthcare costs
- Food Lion recognizes Bloom store manager with award
- Bottom Dollar Food announces opening dates for stores in Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Ohio, markets
- Delhaize moves ahead with New Game Plan
- Food Lion expands reach in South Carolina with six new stores
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion has launched its new brand strategy in 268 stores in Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina markets, the retailer announced Wednesday.
The brand strategy — which was first launched in the Raleigh, N.C., Fayetteville, N.C., and Chattanooga, Tenn., markets in May 2011 — is designed to offer customers lower prices on 6,000 items throughout the store and access to quality store-brand products at lower prices, including the company's My Essentials value tier, as well as fresh produce and an easy and convenient shopping experience, Food Lion said.
In January, the company announced plans to accelerate the rollout of the strategy to an additional 600 to 700 stores by the end of 2012.
"We invite customers to visit their local Food Lion, where they will experience firsthand the enhancements we have made in our stores," Food Lion president Cathy Green Burns said. "As part of our new strategy, we are committed to being recognized as a price leader, making our stores easier to shop, offering the greatest value in store brands and providing fresh produce. We believe our new brand strategy enables us to better serve our customers in these markets."