- FMI, GMDC to host joint health, wellness conference next summer
- Spartan brand products to feature Facts Up Front nutrition labeling
- FMI, GMDC prep for joint health and wellness event
- Lobbying groups urge Congress to keep diabetes testing supplies accessible to patients
- FMI to present inaugural Gold Plate Awards at Health and Wellness @Retail conference
ARLINGTON, Va. — A group representing the nation's food retailers and wholesalers announced the retirement of its VP state government relations.
Bill Manteria will leave his post at the Food Marketing Institute March 15, a position he held since 1998, FMI said Friday. In his role, Manteria was responsible for directing the organization's state government relations department and its relationship with the State Government Affairs Council, monitoring and developing industry responses to key state legislative and regulatory issues affecting the retail food industry, the organization said.
“[Bill Manteria's] knowledge and experience in state government affairs has benefitted FMI members across the country,” said Leslie Sarasin, FMI president and CEO. “We will miss him and we wish him all the best as he begins this new chapter in his life.”