- Rite Aid posts $118.1 million profit for fiscal year 2013
- The pitfalls of power: Are you vulnerable?
- Walgreens makes case of value outside of Express Scripts in SEC filing
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- N.Y. state mail-order bill would raise drug costs, reduce access, FTC says
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Food Marketing Institute on Monday selected nine finalists for the 12th annual Store Manager Awards competition, which identifies exceptional store managers who generate sales growth, provide great customer service, lead outstanding store teams and serve the community in unique ways. Among the nine, three winners will be named on May 1 in Dallas at the FMI2012 convention and retail trade show.
“The FMI Store Manager Award celebrates the daily achievements among all our store associates,” stated Leslie Sarasin, FMI president and CEO. “These nine candidates are the face of our food retail industry, and we celebrate the ways in which they make our companies shine.”
One grand prize winner will be chosen from each of three categories by size of the company: Category A (1-49 stores); Category B (50-199 stores); and Category C (200 or more stores).
All nine finalists will receive two complimentary registrations for FMI2012, three nights of hotel accommodations in Dallas and an engraved award. The three grand prize winners will each receive $1,000.
The tradition continues in Dallas this year as the winners will join the ranks of the 2011 grand prize winners Shawn Commons, PriceRite Supermarket, Reading, Pa.; Allan Bussey, Brookshire Grocery, Tyler, Texas; and Kristi Masterson, Hy-Vee, Sioux Falls, S.D.