CHICAGO — The Food Marketing Institute on Thursday announced its 2013-2014 slate of officers, with Jerry Garland, president and CEO of Associated Wholesale Grocers assuming the role of FMI chairman.
“Together, over the past three years we have continued the work started by past Chairmen Ric Jurgens and Steve Smith in building a resurgent FMI," stated immediate past FMI chairman Fred Morganthall, president and COO Harris Teeter, in handing over the gavel. "We have put in place an FMI strategic plan that will continue this winning trajectory. And we have re-instituted FMI’s annual gathering, FMI Connect as the most important annual industry event. On the government relations front, we have taken the swipe fee fight to new levels, and have continued working to bring fairness to the more onerous aspects of the Affordable Care Act. We have accomplished much, but there is still work to be done,” he said.
In addition to Garland, the 2013-2014 officers include:
- Vice chairman, wholesaler, J.H. Campbell, Associated Grocers;
- Vice chairman independent operators, Kevin Davis, Bristol Farms;
- Vice chairman, member services, Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee;
- Vice chairman, finance, Darioush Khaledi, K.V. Mart;
- Vice chairman, communications, Tres Lund, Lund Food Holdings;
- Vice chairman, public affairs, Randall Onstead Bi-Lo Holdings;
- Vice chairman, industry relations, Joseph Sheridan, Wakefern Food Corporation; and
- Vice chairman, food safety, Colleen Wegman, Wegmans Food Markets.