- Report: West Coast stores selling out of potassium iodide pills
- FDA: Be wary of sites touting fraudulent radiation treatments
- Medication adherence could be blockbuster for specialty
- PhRMA: Nearly 300 preventive medicines for heart disease, stroke in development
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
ST. LOUIS — Fleming Pharmaceuticals has sold rights of several of its products to Valeant International, Fleming said Wednesday.
Fleming announced the sale of the OTC nasal spray Ocean, the prescription kidney dialysis vitamin supplement Nephrocaps, the magnesium supplement Magonate and ProBarimin QT, a medical food product for patients who have received weight loss surgery. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Fleming, which also manufactures contract products for such customers as the federal government, said it would retain rights to manufacture and market ThyroShield, one of two Food and Drug Administration-approved potassium iodide medicines used in nuclear emergencies to keep the thyroid gland from absorbing radioactive iodine and increasing the risk of thyroid cancer.