- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
COLUMBIA, Md. — FlavoRx will start recognizing independent pharmacies that have implemented its program next month, the company said Friday.
FlavoRx, which makes flavorings that pharmacists can add to drugs, announced the inaugural FlavoRx Independent Pharmacy of the Year award, to be presented every October.
"Our roots are in independent pharmacy, so we're excited to recognize the great achievements of our best independent pharmacy partners," FlavoRx VP marketing Chad Baker said. "This award is one way we can thank pharmacists and pharmacy technicians for the enthusiasm and dedication they put into improving pediatric adherence with FlavoRx."
The award recognizes those pharmacies that have successfully implemented the company's program, shown a commitment to improving patient care and a willingness to go "above and beyond" to develop their pharmacy business.