- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
NEWTON, Mass. — Five Star Quality Care is selling its pharmacy business for $30.7 million, the company said Tuesday.
Five Star said it would sell business, which consists of eight pharmacies serving institutional pharmacy services to 247 senior living communities in 13 states, to Omnicare.
In addition to the $30.7 million sale, the deal includes the sale to Omnicare or retention of certain items of net working capital worth about $9.4 million.