- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
CHICAGO — First Lady Michelle Obama will be visiting with mayors from 10 U.S. cities on Oct. 25 at a Chicago-area Walgreens, according to published reports.
First Lady Obama, along with Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel, will be discussing her "Let's Move" campaign to reduce the incidence of childhood obesity.
The Walgreens hosting the First Lady has been expanded with a fresh food assortment as part of that chain's 1,000-store pledge to alleviate urban food deserts. The locations offer more than 750 new food items, including fresh fruits and vegetables, frozen meats and fish, pasta, rice, beans, eggs, whole grain cereals and other healthy meal components.