- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Yucaipa Cos. to acquire Tesco's Fresh & Easy
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
MINNEAPOLIS — The first of Target's smaller-format CityTarget urban stores are slated to open on July 25 in Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle.
Two years in the making, the smaller stores will feature broad offerings in a space two-thirds the size of a regular Target store – or 80,000 sq. ft. to 100,000 sq. ft., compared with 135,000 sq. ft. to 175,000 sq. ft.
Target has said it will open another Los Angeles CityTarget store later this year, as well as a first store in San Francisco. A third Los Angeles location and one in Portland, Ore., are slated to open in 2013.