- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
NEW ORLEANS — A company that makes pet drugs has launched what it calls the first generic prescription heartworm preventive medication for sale at retail pharmacies around the country.
FidoPharm announced the launch of Pet Trust Plus (ivermectin and pyrantel), a generic version of Merial's Heartgard Plus. The drug is meant to prevent heartworms from developing and reaching a dog's arteries and heart.
"Dogs deserve access to preventive heartworm medicine, and their owners deserve choices without having to sacrifice quality and efficacy," FidoPharm president Alex Kaufman said. "With the introduction of Pet Trust Plus at retail pharmacies nationwide, FidoPharm continues to protect pets and provide pet parents with affordable and accessible pet healthcare options, and we are proud to educate pet owners about the importance of heartworm testing and treatment."