- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
LONDON — A new drug application for Anglo-Swedish drug maker AstraZeneca's vandetanib has been extended.
The drug maker recently announced that the Food and Drug Administration asked AstraZeneca to submit a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy, which accordingly extended the Prescription Drug User Fee Act from Jan. 7 to April 7.
AstraZeneca will continue to work closely with the FDA to support the review of vandetanib, a drug for treating patients with advanced medullary thyroid cancer.