- Salix Pharmaceuticals introduces Rx topical foam to treat a form of inflammatory bowel disease
- Takeda starts phase-3 trials of vedolizumab
- FDA pushes back target date for review of Takeda drug in patients with ulcerative colitis
- FDA advisory committee recommends approval for Takeda's vedolizumab
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
DUBLIN — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a new drug from Warner Chilcott for treating ulcerative colitis, the drug maker said.
Warner Chilcott announced the approval of mesalamine in the 400-mg strength.
The company plans to market the drug under the brand name Delzicol and launch it in March.