- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Diplomat becomes distributor of recently approved cancer drug
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — The Food and Drug Administration has approved Hi-Tech Pharmacal’s generic version of a drug for eye infections.
Hi-Tech announced the approval of levofloxacin ophthalmic solution in the 0.5% strength, a treatment for bacterial conjunctivitis. The company plans to launch next month.
The drug is a generic version of Vistakon’s Quixin, which had sales of $2 million in 2010, according to IMS Health.